Thursday, February 5, 2009

Firecracker Grilled Alaska Salmon

I'm back on the eating healthy kick. That zucchini bread led me to a downhill spiral of sneaking sweets, jones-ing for dried cranberries and chai tea lattes. Sugar is not my friend, let me tell you! Tonight we had this delicious salmon. I found the recipe here, and altered it just a bit. Served with brussel sprouts and a gorgeous salad!

Firecracker Grilled Alaska Salmon
(found at allrecipes.com)

4 (4oz) salmon fillets
1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp balsalmic vinegrette dressing
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp red pepper, ground
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt

1 - thaw the salmon fillets in lukewarm water.
2 - add all ingredients to a large ziploc bag and drop in the fillets
3 - marinate as long as you can (even overnight, we did 3 hours)
4 - Retain some of the marinade to garnish the fish.
5 - Grill the fillets either on a grill or in the oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
6 - While cooking the salmon, put the reserved marinade in a saucepan with 2-3 Tbsp white wine or water and cook for 5 mins. Pour over the cooked salmon and serve.


Grilled Salmon Patties on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohhh, you were hungry and found my blog, didn't you?! I hope you find fun recipes here to try. If you do, tell me about it! I always love comments, thanks so much for visiting!