Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Green Chile Chili

So last night I was watching The Next Iron Chef. One should never watch any Food Network late at night. It might prompt you to get out of your comfy bed to make something. It did and I did. Chili was the name of the game. This recipe is really a throw together. I'm sure everyone knows how to make it but I'm posting it here because my girls do not and my blog is really for a virtual cookbook for them of homemade foods.

Feel free to try it!


Green Chile Chili

1 lb hamburger, browned
1/2-1 can diced tomatoes
1/2-1 can green chiles
1 can kidney or white/navy beans, drained
1 pkg chili seasoning (or mix your own) 
1/4-1/2 cup water
3-4 shakes of Cilantro leaves
3-4 shakes of Mediterranean Basil leaves
1 oz colby jack cheese
sour cream to taste
cayenne pepper to taste
salt/pepper to taste

1 - Brown the hamburger and drain off the liquid. 
2 - Add the rest of the ingredients (except the cheese).
3 - Bring to a boil, stirring often.
4 - Set to simmer and do so for about 10 minutes.
5 - Serve in bowls with a dollop or sour cream (or maybe some shredded cheese or fritos!
6 - Enjoy. Try to share. It's addicting.

Makes 3 hearty or 4 nice sized servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohhh, you were hungry and found my blog, didn't you?! I hope you find fun recipes here to try. If you do, tell me about it! I always love comments, thanks so much for visiting!