Friday, December 28, 2012

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

I don't care what people say, it doesn't get better than homemade. Once in a while we're craving spaghetti and since I started making my own I can never bring myself to buy it again.

1/2-3/4 medium onion, finely chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
1 1/2-2 Tbsp Basil
1 1/2-2 Tbsp Oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1-3 Tbsp sugar, to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
Opt: 1 tsp cayenne pepper

1- Cook garlic and onion on med/high in olive oil until brown and translucent.
2- Add tomatoes, juice and all. Smash as much as you can with a potato masher. If you do not have a masher, blend up 1/2-3/4 of the canned tomatoes before adding to the pan.
3- Add the rest of ingredients. Mash and stir some more. Turn down to low/med.
4- Simmer for 20+ mins, occasionally stirring.
5- serve with your favorite pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohhh, you were hungry and found my blog, didn't you?! I hope you find fun recipes here to try. If you do, tell me about it! I always love comments, thanks so much for visiting!