Friday, January 30, 2009

Veggie Can Can Chili

My family always enjoys the chili I throw together. It's basically a can of this a can of that. But last week I tried making it vegetarian since we were going to a function where there were a couple veggers. I'm telling you. I like it more than the regular way I make it! So I decided it was worthy of a share here.

Veggie Can Can Chili

1 bag ground meat substitute (we use Morning Start Grillers Special Crumbles, freezer @ Walmart)
2 cans black beans, drained
2 cans navy beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, NOT drained
1 can green chilies, NOT drained
2 pkgs mild chili seasoning
1 tsp?? red (cayenne) pepper (I just shook it 7 times over the crockpot out the holes of the container) ** Add more later to taste **
3 cups water

Throw it all in the crockpot. To eat it soon, set on high and stir occasionally. It should be ready in 3 hours. Or set it on low and 6-8 hours. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese and fritos if you choose. It's so yum, you're not going to want to share!


Vegetarian Tofu Chili on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohhh, you were hungry and found my blog, didn't you?! I hope you find fun recipes here to try. If you do, tell me about it! I always love comments, thanks so much for visiting!