Friday, March 20, 2009

Cracker Spread Appetizers

Tonight I am the hostess for our Stampin Up club meeting. I thought about preparing green things since its the month of St. Patrick's Day but I draw the line at green food coloring. I decided to bring my famous Pear Upside Down Cake that I mentioned before (pears are green!) Unfortunately the grocery store was on the ball and had not left me any over ripe pears so I went with canned. It just came out of the oven all bubbly in its gooeyness. You can't go wrong with pear cake.

Anyway, I'm also bringing some of my favorite cracker toppers (they have green items in them.) There is nothing better that Ritz or Club crackers filled to the brim with these creations. Try them and tell me if I'm lying!

Fruity Cheeseball Spread

16 oz. cream cheese, softened (2 blocks)
20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained well
1 c. chopped green pepper
4 Tbsp. chopped onion
1 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 Tbsp. Seasonal Salt type seasoning blend

Just throw it all in the bowl and squish squish squish. Make sure the cream cheese is well blended in.Put in the fridge until you're ready to serve. You can't stop at just one cracker with this, I'm telling you. It makes 2-3 cups.

Chicken Salad Spread

2 (12.5 oz) cans of chicken in water (cubed/cooked kind), drained
1 1/2 c. chopped celery
1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp Ranch seasoning packet
1/2 c. mayonnaise (NO dressing)
4 Tbsp. diced onion
Opt. 1/2 c. chopped green pepper

Mix together. If it seems a bit dry, add mayonnaise by the Tbsps. until its the consistency you desire. I use this chilled on crackers or on toasted bread with lettuce. So good.

Enjoy!


Spinach Appetizer Spread on Foodista

1 comment:

  1. Hey, wait, what? Was our dip a combination of these two recipes? It was SOOOOOO good, I was such an oinker. Oh my gosh, I seriously ate three pieces of cake!

    ReplyDelete

Ohhh, you were hungry and found my blog, didn't you?! I hope you find fun recipes here to try. If you do, tell me about it! I always love comments, thanks so much for visiting!