Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lemon Mushroom Fish

"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." - Harriet van Horne


The last few months I've been slowly embracing the low carb way of life again. This time has been different. I'm experimenting, looking up recipes, avoiding extras like too many snacks or additives.

One problem with low carbing is that fish is a good food for you. I hate fish. Unless you bread it and deep fry it and dip it in vinegar. Then I'm your best friend! Can't do that kind of breading though on low carb. It's the reason I'm pleasingly plumb (to say the least) in the first place! lol However, I have finally come up with 2 recipes for fish I love. Did you actually hear that out of my mouth? Yes, LOVE! I'll share one of them with you here.

Lemon Mushroom Fish

4 (4 oz) fish fillets (I like tilapia)
olive oil
1/2 a lemon
2-3 Tbsp of butter
3-5 mushrooms, chopped up
thyme to taste

If your fillets are frozen like mine, thaw them out and then place in an oiled pan. Drizzle the fish with olive oil on top as well as a bit of salt to taste.

In a sauce pan, heat the butter, throw in the mushrooms and thyme until mushrooms are slightly limp.

Pour the whole mixture over the fish. Squeeze a 1/2 a lemon over the whole dish.

Cover the pan with foil and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes.

Enjoy! I sometimes have a side dish of fresh snap green beans fried in butter and the other 1/2 of the lemon. Today I chose just a simple spinach and dressing side. So yum.

I'll share my other fish recipe soon. You won't believe what the main ingredient is (besides the fish)...


Fish Fillets With Mushroom Lemon Sauce on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohhh, you were hungry and found my blog, didn't you?! I hope you find fun recipes here to try. If you do, tell me about it! I always love comments, thanks so much for visiting!