Monday, June 14, 2010

Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup in a Crockpot

This was a happy accident in food. I found chicken on sale for a ridiculously low price so I have lots on hand. Plus I'm a lazy cook so this was my answer for both.



Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
4 large chicken breasts (mine were on the rib bone)
1 can beans, drained (northern, black or even chickpeas would work)
1 can corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 can enchilada sauce
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/4 Anaheim hot pepper, diced
1/2 c jalapenos, chopped
6-8 oz water


Ingredients for serving:
tortilla chips
shredded cheddar cheese

Place the breasts in the bottom of the crocket pot, rib side down. Pour everything else on top of it.
Cook on low about 8-9 hours.
Remove the chicken and tear into pieces, off of the bone.
Return chicken to crockpot.
Ready to serve with cheese & broken up tortilla chips

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy... but most importantly, EASY! Think I may try this sometime this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Ohhh, you were hungry and found my blog, didn't you?! I hope you find fun recipes here to try. If you do, tell me about it! I always love comments, thanks so much for visiting!