Friday, October 8, 2010

Spicy Nectarine Cucumber Mint Salad


I guess last night I was feeling one last kick for summer because I ended up creating a salad with the last bits of our garden. Homegrown jalapeno, mint and banana peppers adding in beautiful store bought cucumbers, nectarines and grapes created a surprisingly delicious combination!

*NOTE: Amounts are only suggestions. I really just threw this together.*

Spicy Nectarine Cucumber Mint Salad

Ingredients:
1 ripe Nectarine, sliced (great use for over ripe fruit)
1 medium cucumber, sliced
1 large handful of red seedless grapes, cut in half
1 yellow banana pepper, sliced
2 small jalapenos, seeds removed, finely diced
1 small bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup white sugar
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
pinch or two of kosher salt

1. Cut nectarine, cucumber, banana pepper and grapes and mix in a bowl. 
2. In a separate bowl mix the rest of ingredients, wisking for a minute to join the sugar into the vinegar and oil.
3. Pour the liquid mix over the salad and mix. 
4. Serve chilled. Tastes best after sitting overnight.

Makes about 4 medium servings. If you're making it for a group or party, at least double the recipe. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohhh, you were hungry and found my blog, didn't you?! I hope you find fun recipes here to try. If you do, tell me about it! I always love comments, thanks so much for visiting!