Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cheesy Spinach Quiche

Let me tell you, I'm not a fan of quiche. Not even scrambled eggs or huevos rancheros. All too squishy for me. Ick. So I can make quiche, but don't make me eat it. However, this quiche actually is delicious. Yes, I said it, I ate it. Delicious. The dd made me try it. For low carbers like me, you can just leave off the crust. I made this for the vegetarian. She needs more healthy things in her eating besides carb, carb, carb. I told her she's not really a vegetarian. She's a carbetarian. lol

(in the midst of baking, edges covered so they don't burn.)

We modified this recipe from a few we found online and in a vegetarian book. When I make it again without the crust (for me), I'm going to double the spinach and throw in a can of mushroom pieces and basil leaves. Maybe sprinkle cheese on top at the end.

Cheesy Spinach Quiche

Ingredients:
4 eggs
8 oz. of Ricotta cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. Goat cheese
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 box frozen spinach, drain well (or 1/2 cup canned, or 3 large handfuls fresh, blanch and chop)
Salt & pepper to taste
1 pie crust

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toast pie crust until lightly brown (5-10 mins.)

Beat eggs with Ricotta cheese. Add Parmesan & Goat cheeses, milk and heavy cream. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Spread spinach on bottom of pie crust. Pour egg/cheese mixture on top being careful not to displace the spinach.

Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. I suggest covering the edges with foil until the last 5 minutes, so they do not brown too much. When knife inserted in center comes out clean, it's done.

Brush with butter and serve!



Spinach Cheese Quiche on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohhh, you were hungry and found my blog, didn't you?! I hope you find fun recipes here to try. If you do, tell me about it! I always love comments, thanks so much for visiting!